I finally finished creating the spools banner for Scarlett yesterday 🙂 The pattern was from Big Dreams Embroidery and was very easy to follow. It’s called Spool of Thread Banner. I ended up creating the 7 inch spools. Each spool took a little over an hour to stitch out between putting fabric in for the applique, trimming, etc. This is a close-up of the first few letters when I started last weekend. For fabric, I had a little fat eighth bundle of Etchings by 3 Sisters for Moda. I’ve been in love with this line for awhile and still want to make a quilt out of it, but the reds, greys, and creams seemed just perfect for Scarlett’s banner.
So, here’s the completed banner. I’m sorry the light is kind of punky. I was using my iphone camera and was too lazy to get out the fancy, schmancy Nikon 🙂
And there’s Scarlett sitting under her new banner. Please excuse the mess! Eek 🙂 I’m not sure how much sewing I’ll get done this weekend as I really need to do some work outside in the barn cleaning stalls and brushing the girls out. The horses are shedding their winter coats like crazy! I also need to start preparing the garden and cleaning out all the winter stuff to get ready to plant in the next few weeks.
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!